I’m happy to announce that a new volunteer has offered to help with this free VPB-104 website. He’s already started work by editing this post I began for him. -John
Lt Cdr Whitney Wright, Commanding Officer of VPB-104 from November 1944 to May 1945, is pictured here at Clark Field, Philippine Islands, leaning on a dose of wartime good humor outside a staff tent.
The text of the sign reads as follows:
Patronize Fleet Air Wing 17
- Deluxe hotel service * Excellent cuisine
- Soft beds * valet service * The best Acorn
- and Casu Service * Gas oil bomb and
- ammunition * first aid
- Free aerial excursion to China, Formosa,
- Ryukus * See the Japanese Empire in
- cherry blossom time at our expense
- Expert briefing of free daily travel folders
- If you don’t like our SERVICE we will provide excellent
- alibis from our inexhaustible supply prepared by experts.
- If you like it tell us and the higher Commands
- Warning Take shower before using swimming pool